You spent hours in the gym and lost significant flesh but is the saggy skin bothering you?
Sagging skin on the face or body is often considered a result of weight loss. Apart from that, the reduction of collagen and elastin is another reason notorious for saggy skin.
Dr. Vidushi Singal – the best dermatologist in Ludhiana explains the reasons and some effective non-invasive skin-tightening treatments available for sagging skin in Punjab.
What causes saggy skin?
There are numerous factors responsible for sagging skin; here are some of the prominent ones.
This is one of the most common and unavoidable reasons for the loosening of skin. As we age, the production of elastin and collagen decreases. The natural elasticity of your skin is hampered and firmness is lost.
2. Sun Exposure
Staying back in sun makes your skin come in contact with UVA/UVB radiations. This severely impacts the skin’s DNA and has the power to influence and mutate it.
This exposure affects the elasticity and decreases collagen production at a much faster rate than ageing.
3. Weight Loss
Losing a large amount of body’s weight in small time and giving less time to your body to recover back results in sagging skin.
Smoking, just like sun rays, is equally responsible for premature ageing of the skin. Dr. Vidushi the specialist in sagging skin treatment in Ludhiana explains that nicotine in cigarettes narrows the blood vessels in the epidermis. This results in lesser blood flow, less oxygen and fewer nutrients.
How to prevent sagging of skin?
We cannot alter or stop the ageing of skin but by switching to healthy eating and improved lifestyle changes, we can certainly slow down the process. Here are a few tips that will help in preventing sagging skin.
- Always apply sunscreen with good SPF while stepping out in the sun or working before blue screens.
- Quit smoking.
- Practice a good skincare regimen that includes cleansing, exfoliation, hydration etc. Contact the best dermatologist near you and get some over the counter medications that can help you fight sagging skin.
- Drink plenty of water. It not only keeps the skin hydrated but also keeps your skin cells plump and firm.
- Weight training and yoga are some of the very effective home treatments to keep your skin healthy.
Treatments to cure minor sagging
All the above listed methods are perfect if you are looking for at-home treatments for minor or small sagging of skin.
Treatments to cure moderate sagging
The home remedies are effective only if you have a minor sagging. For moderate to high sagging issues you need to consult a dermatologist for a proper skin treatment.
Dr. Vidushi Singal shares that there are many non-invasive and minimally invasive sagging skin treatments in Ludhiana that improve the skin tone and elasticity of your loosened skin.
- Laser Treatment: Laser Therapy boosts collagen production and makes you look younger. Laser may require you to undergo multiple sessions. It is best suited for firming stomach, upper arms and other areas of the body.
- Laser Resurfacing: This procedure involves minimal invasion and removes the upper layer of your skin using laser. Thereafter, deep heat is sent to the lower layers. It normally takes two weeks for a full recovery.
- Radiofrequency: Here heat is sent into the deep skin layers to boost collagen production and lifting up the saggy skin. It may take months to visualize the improvement.
Treatments to cure significant sagging
Surgical options are considered in case you have significant sagging skin after weight loss. These surgical procedures include body contouring such as tummy tuck, face lift, neck lift, lower body lift etc.
Best sagging skin treatment in Ludhiana at Orthoderma Clinic
Want to look flawless, youthful and young, fix your appointment with Dr. Vidushi Singal today. She along with her team at Orthoderma Clinic– The best dermatology clinic in Ludhiana offers the best treatment after understanding your requirements. Start your journey towards smooth and younger-looking skin today!