Acne & Acne Scar Treatment
Acne is a common skin condition where comedones are formed when hair follicles or pores under the skin are clogged by dead skin cells, oil or dirt. The bacteria trapped starts to multiply causing inflammation and red bumps. It affects mainly the face, neck, back and upper part of the chest.
Most of the time the brown or light red mark left behind by the healed acne gets cleared up over time. The chances of permanent scarring increases if the acne is pricked or squeezed and is not allowed to heal on its own.
If the inflammation persists for a long time and is not treated timely it also results in acne scars. Due to abnormal healing of the fibrous tissue, the dermal layer of the skin gets severely affected by the inflammation. The skin surface turns rough, uneven and sometimes results in dark spots.
Types of Acne Scars
Nodular or cystic acne (pimple) often leave behind a discolored or darker patch of skin after healing known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The inflammation stimulates the melanin producing cells and gives a darker appearance to the inflamed area.
This isn’t actually a scar but is a discolored area that is neither raised nor pitted. The color depends on your skin type and may range from pink to red, purple, brown or sometimes black.
This pigmentation usually fades on its own over time. In case the discoloration isn’t fading or if you are seeking the best acne scars treatment in Ludhiana, Dr. Vidushi Singal– the best dermatologist in Ludhiana helps you look magically flawless.
These scars are characterized by decreased to no collagen production by the acne healing response. Atrophic scars are shallow depressions that are caused by severe cystic acne. Pigmentation and atrophic scars are the two most common types of scars.
- Ice pick scars – These scars are small but narrow and extend deep inside the dermis. These scars are commonly found on cheeks. These are very hard to treat and require persistent and aggressive acne scars treatment in Punjab for smooth and clean skin.
- Rolling Scars – These scars have a wave-like pattern with uneven depth and sloping edges.
- Boxcar scar – These are broad (sometimes round) and have box-like depressions with sharp borders. These are formed on areas having thick skin such as lower cheeks and jaw.
Overproduction of collagen during acne healing response results in firm raised scars known as hypertrophic and keloid scars. These scars are more common on areas such as the chest, back, jawline and shoulders.
Acne Scar Treatment
Acne scars can be a cause of low self-esteem in a lot of patients and Orthoderma Clinic offers a variety of acne scar treatment in Ludhiana/ Punjab.
- Microneedling – This procedure involves creating tiny injuries in the skin with sterile micro needles across the scar that promotes natural collagen production and scarless healing. Microneedling is done with the latest cosmetology equipment such as Dermapen and Dermaroller that reduces the appearance of atrophic acne scars, pigmentation and rejuvenate the skin.
- MNRF – Microneedling radio Frequency (MNRF) is one of the best and most advanced acne scar treatments in Punjab with the highest success rate for dark skin types and zero damage to the epidermis.
- Fractional laser – This treatment stimulates the tissue underneath the scar and removes the cells that are darkly pigmented. Patients with atrophic acne scars are the best candidates for this treatment.
- PRP – The platelet-rich plasma or PRP technique promotes collagen deposition and helps the skin to regain its elastic regeneration.
- Chemical Peel – Chemical peels such as glycolic and salicylic acid are used to exfoliate the outer layers of the skin.
- Dermal fillers – Dermal fillers involve injecting gel-like substances such as calcium hydroxylapatite or hyaluronic acid beneath the skin to restore the lost volume, enhance facial contours and make your skin smooth and clear.
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Vidushi Singal today and avail the best acne scar treatment in Ludhiana.
Discover and fall in love with your rejuvenated, clean and flawless new skin!