Knee pain is a common problem that affects millions of people worldwide. Knee pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including arthritis, injuries, and overuse. In some cases, knee pain can be so severe that it affects a person’s ability to perform everyday activities. Knee replacement surgery is a common treatment for severe knee pain, but it’s not always the best option. Knee resurfacing is an +alternative procedure that can help alleviate knee pain without the need for a full knee replacement. In this blog, we will discuss knee resurfacing, its benefits, and the cost of knee resurfacing in Moga, Punjab.
What is Knee Resurfacing?
Knee resurfacing, also known as partial knee replacement, is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that involves replacing the damaged surface of the knee joint with a metal implant. This procedure is also known as partial knee replacement, as it only involves replacing the damaged part of the knee joint, rather than the entire joint. Knee resurfacing is a suitable treatment option for people who have osteoarthritis or cartilage damage in one compartment of the knee joint.
Benefits of Knee Resurfacing
Knee resurfacing offers several benefits over traditional knee replacement surgery. These benefits include:
- Preserves the healthy part of the knee joint: Knee resurfacing only replaces the damaged part of the knee joint, which means that the healthy part of the joint is preserved. This can help to maintain the natural movement and function of the knee joint.
- Lower risk of complications: Knee resurfacing has a lower risk of complications than total knee replacement surgery. This is because the procedure is less invasive, and the recovery time is shorter.
- Improved mobility: Knee resurfacing can help to improve mobility and reduce pain, allowing patients to return to their everyday activities more quickly.
- Quicker Recovery Time – Knee resurfacing is less invasive than total knee replacement surgery, allowing for a quicker recovery time. Patients typically return to their normal activities faster and with less pain.
Risks of Knee Resurfacing
While knee resurfacing is a safe and effective procedure, there are some risks involved, including:
- Infection – There is a risk of infection after any surgery, including knee resurfacing. Patients must take antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection.
- Blood Clots – Blood clots can form in the leg after knee resurfacing, which can be potentially life-threatening if they travel to the lungs.
- Implant Failure – Knee resurfacing implants can fail, requiring revision surgery.
- Nerve Damage – There is a risk of nerve damage during knee resurfacing surgery, which can result in numbness or weakness in the affected leg.
The Knee Resurfacing Procedure
Knee resurfacing is a relatively straightforward procedure that can be performed under general anesthesia. During the procedure, the surgeon will make a small incision in the knee and remove the damaged cartilage or bone. They will then fit a metal implant onto the surface of the bone, which will act as a new surface for the joint to move on. The implant is designed to match the natural curvature of the knee joint, which helps to maintain the natural movement and function of the joint.
Knee Resurfacing Cost in Moga
The cost of knee resurfacing in Moga depends on various factors, such as the hospital, surgeon’s experience, and type of implant used. On average, the cost of knee resurfacing in Moga ranges from INR 1,50,000 to INR 3,50,000. This cost may also include pre-surgery tests, hospital stay, medications, and follow-up appointments.
Knee Arthroscopy in Punjab
Knee arthroscopy is another minimally invasive surgical procedure that can help diagnose and treat various knee conditions. This procedure involves inserting a small camera into the knee joint through a small incision, allowing the surgeon to visualize the inside of the joint. The surgeon can then use small instruments to repair or remove damaged tissues, such as torn cartilage or ligaments.
The Knee Arthroscopy Cost in Moga ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 60,000, depending on the complexity of the procedure.
Knee resurfacing is a less invasive alternative to total knee replacement surgery, which can help to alleviate knee pain and improve mobility. This procedure offers several benefits, including less pain, a shorter recovery time, and a lower risk of complications. Call/ WhatsApp 9856900169 to book an appointment with Dr. Shekhar Singal, the best orthopaedic surgeon in Ludhiana, Punjab to get all your orthopaedic concerns addressed and evaluate your options.