Are the puffy eyes becoming a nightmare?
Wondering how to make those ugly eye bags disappear fast?
Though these things are bothersome, the good news is that the puffy eyes can easily be treated with some easy lifestyle changes and cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Vidushi Singal- the specialist in Under Eye Bags Treatment in Punjab explains that there are innumerable products in the market that claims to de-puff the eyes. But, these things don’t work in reality.
Dr. Vidushi shares a few common reasons that cause under-eye bags or puffy eyes.
- Genetic: In case your family has a history of puffy eyes, your eye bags may have been genetically inherited.
- High-salt diet: Salty food tends to retain water which in turn may lead to swelling or puffiness around eyes.
- Allergies: Some conditions such as allergies, eczema, fatigue etc can exacerbate your puffed eye condition.
- Ageing: Muscles under the eyes lose firmness with age which results in developing of eye bags under your eyes.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions such as thyroid can result in swollen eyes.
- Sun Exposure: Exposure to UVA/UVB can also result in skin deterioration and baggy eyes.
Tips to get rid of baggy eyes
Depending on the cause, Dr. Vidushi- the best dermatologist in Ludhiana suggests various methods to reduce baggy eyes.
Home remedies and over-the-counter medication can shrink the lower eyelids to some extend but cannot be treated as a permanent procedure, adds the best dermatologist in Punjab.
But, to get rid of prominent eye bags permanently, Dr. Vidushi suggests that availing of medical treatment becomes necessary sometimes.
Home remedies for puffy eyes
Here are some quick fixes for your baggy eyes.
- Apply Tea Bags
Placing caffeinated tea bags under the eyes prove effective in reducing puffiness, dark circles and bags. Apart from that, tea contains antioxidants that help your skin fight sun damage and slows down ageing.
So, next time when you drink black tea, keep the teabag in the refrigerator for few minutes till it is cool. Then apply them on closed eyes. They are 100% effective in treating puffiness under the eyes.
- Cold Compression
Immediately wrap some ice cubes in a muslin cloth and apply to your under-eye area. Cooling reduces inflammation and improves swelling by controlling the blood flow.
You can also put some chilled slices of cucumber over closed eyes if you don’t have ice readily accessible.
- Haemorrhoid Creams
Many people go for over-the-counter haemorrhoid creams that are basically meant to narrow the blood vessels and reduce swelling. It may be risky to use these products as they can result in irritation and may get into eyes.
Medical Treatments for Under-Eye Bags
Dr. Vidushi suggests some very effective, non-invasive and 100% result oriented options for Under Eye Bags Treatment in Punjab.
- Dermal fillers: A filler material such as hyaluronic acid is used to fill the cheek area where it meets the under eyes. This helps in drawing a smooth transition. The results often last from six months to a year.
- PRP therapy: PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy delivers wonderful results for baggy eyes. Here PRP is injected into the skin tissues to rejuvenate the tissues around the eyes and boost collagen production.
- Eye Rollers: Here micro current is passed to the eye muscles through a device that helps in their contouring and strengthening. This thickens and tightens the area under the eyes resulting in eliminating all sorts of wrinkles and bags.
- Chemical peels: Applying for chemical peels help in removing the top superficial layer. It dissolves the dead skin and reveals a firmer, tighter and a brighter skin underneath.
- Laser resurfacing: The results of laser resurfacing are long-lasting and can last for years depending on sun exposure and skin type. A laser device is used to remove the top wrinkle-prone skin surface and stimulate collagen growth.
Your eyes are delicate and require extra care. An unprofessional procedure can result in serious complications.
It’s critical to find a certified and seasoned cosmetologist who is an expert in dealing with your skin ageing concerns.
With an experience of more than a decade under her belt and adept medical acumen, Dr. Vidushi Singal- the best dermatologist Ludhiana / Punjab has been bringing smiles on people struggling with skin issues. Have a concern? Call us to book an appointment today!